The following guidelines for dress code have been adopted by the District:
• Clothing should be neat and clean.
• Shoes or sandals must be worn. All students in grades PK–5 are required to wear tennis shoes for participation in health fitness classes. All other shoes, regardless of rubber soles or leather tops (saddle oxfords, deck shoes, top-siders, etc.), are not considered safe for health fitness activities.
• Shoes with built-in wheels are not permitted.
• The District prohibits any clothing or grooming that, in the principal’s judgment, may cause disruption of or interference with normal school operations.
• Clothing may not be worn if it displays (written or pictured) obscene and distasteful slogans or advertises tobacco, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or “gang insignias.”
• Pants must be worn above the hip bone with a belt, if needed.
• Hats, caps, hairnets, bandanas, trench coats, dusters, hoodies worn over the head, and colored beads may not be worn at school.
**Items worn which disrupt the learning environment are not allowed. The administration reserves the right to determine if students meet dress code criteria.